Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend in Review

We had nothing scheduled on the calendar this weekend....but, managed to fill it up nicely with lots of fun and a little work!

Friday Evening: We went early to see the new release Kung Fu Panda. It was good and the kids enjoyed it. There were a few 'potty humor' jokes that I could have done without. But, Jack Black was very good and the overall message of the movie was positive. We finished off with a quick dinner at Culvers.

Saturday Morning: Brent and I debated about whether the storms were going to miss us or not and after studying the radar for 20 minutes or so, decided to rush out and get an early morning golf round in. It was a very memorable round, for the first time ever I legitimately beat Brent, by 2 strokes!!! Maybe next time he won't give me so many pointers!

Saturday Afternoon: (Riley came home from school on Friday and wanted to plan a little get-together with some friends for Sat afternoon. How could I say no when he was actually planning ahead and willing to do a little work to organize this activity! So he quickly jumped on the phone and called 5 friends for 'some nerf gun wars, football and other fun stuff'.) Lucky for him all 5 friends could come and they showed up about 1:00 on Saturday. They had a great time organizing the boxes and tables in the basement for the ultimate nerf gun war. We are still finding stray darts behind things down there. Then they shifted outside for some football and even included Jamie and Sidney. After refreshing themselves with some rootbeer and crush freezies, they shifted to the front yard and played kickball in the cul-de-sac for the next hour. They finished off the fun with a little squirt gun action and one last nerf gun war outside around the house. I think they all had a great time!

Saturday Afternoon (late): I ran to the nursery and gathered the flowers I wanted and rushed home to plant them. I managed to get finished in just under 2 hours with help from Brent and the girls.

Saturday Evening: Cascade Bay had a preview weekend this past weekend and the kids are always very excited to try it out for the season. So, we ran over for a quick dip and the kids loved it. We only stayed just less than an hour and there were only about 15 other people there. It was a great first visit and we are looking forward spending our summer there!

Sunday: We enjoyed our church services in the morning. Brent substituted Sunday School and then taught his Aaronic Priesthood lesson. I did sharing time for Junior Primary and then taught the CTR 8 class. Brent stayed after church for a meeting to discuss the upcoming youth Church History trip that he will be chaperoning. We then had time for a quick game with the kids and our traditional hour nap. Then, we had dinner with our good friends the Denison family. They will be leaving soon to move to Georgia and we will miss them a ton! The kids had a great time playing and we enjoyed the good food and great company!!

No comments: