
Enjoying the parade with the Herrons, Chipmans, Wagleys and Margetts.




We have had a tradition for several years now to spend the 4th with our dear friends the Herrons and the Chipmans. Julie and John provide a wonderful traditional 4th of July BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, potato salad, chips and Paula's yummy desserts! The kids usually spend most of the day playing in the water, but this year was not too hot, so we instead opted for a fishing excursion. They had a great time and Brent and John were great troopers to bait hundreds of hooks and remove tons of fish from the hooks. (Paula, Julie and I especially enjoyed our view from up above, while lounging in our comfy chairs!) Riley caught an all time record of 32 fish...they were little sunnies, very small but enough to provide great recreational entertainment. Brent has now research the lake we were at has found out that it is stocked with brown trout....we will have to go back and fish a little further out to see if we can catch some!


1 comment:
It's so fun to see your pictures. I love them all, but wish I could see more of you in them. I guess your the one behind the camera. I have to laugh about the weather and how it wasn't hot enough to swim on the 4th. It's just funny because it's so HOT here that swimming is all that we can do! We miss you guys, especially our fun game nights. Tell your cute kids hi from us. Love ya!
Post a Comment