Grandma called me about a month before our trip to Michigan and asked me if I knew who Mitchel Musso was? It sounded familiar....but I couldn't come up with a face in my mind, until she mentioned that he was from the TV show Hannah Montana. Then I knew immediately that he is the actor who plays Hannah's goofy friend Oliver. (Yes, I have probably seen every Hannah Montana episode and am not afraid to admit it.....usually from a distance while making dinner!) The ad grandma was reading in the paper was to advertise Mitchel Musso's concert at the upcoming Venetian Festival in St. Joseph. So.....one thing led to another and Grandma bought tickets to the concert for us! The girls were ecstatic. Riley loves music so he was happy to go along and James had no idea what we were doing, but was happy to go along also. The concert was about an hour late due to the inclement weather, but WE LOVED IT!!!! It was the first concert the kids have been to and it was a very small venue, but the girls and I were at the very front. Jamie was leaning over the rope with all the other screaming teeny boppers and I help Sidney for the entire thing about 2 rows behind Jamie. Mitchel put on a very good hour-long show with his own band and 4 backup dancers. Afterward he stayed to sign autographs for all the 'fans'. We only waited in line about 30 minutes and the kids were super excited to see him right up close. Sidney even had him sign the back of her shirt and we also walked away with 3 autographed pictures. Thanks Grandma for a very memorable afternoon!!!
(I ALWAYS have my camera with me....but, forgot to take it to the concert. So all we have is the above pic of the kids after we returned home.)
No comments:
Post a Comment