Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cereal Concoctions

When I started dating Brent and hanging out at the Preator house, I was amazed at the huge pantry with an entire shelf of cereal. There must have been 20+ boxes of cereal always on the shelf. I was even more amazed that it didn't matter what time I walked into their kitchen, someone was always having a bowl of cereal.

Brent continues that tradition today and always has a bowl of cereal before bed and sometimes as dessert to the dinner I have prepared. My children have started to follow in the tradition, maybe that is why we go through about 4-5 gallons of milk a week! Riley is pretty picky though and only likes a few kinds of cereal. Jamie loves oatmeal and will eat it all day long if I let her. Sidney loves any cereal and has recently decided to spice up her choices by combining cereals. Her concoction today: frosted cheerios and frosted mini-wheats!

This was her reaction to me taking her picture at breakfast this morning...she was not excited!

2 comments:

Scrappycook said...

We go through a ton of milk as well - about 5 gallons a week. The kids all love cereal and I admit to it being their dinner on busy nights! Bryan grew up drinking vast amounts of milk in his home. He will make himself a sandwich and drink three large glasses of milk while he eats it!

Shayne and Leslee said...

Ahh--good woman! A girl after my own heart. Glad to see the next generation is being appropriately trained (since I am failing at my house!! My kids barely eat cereal!) As for me, count me in with my brother! A bowl before bed and sometimes for breakfast and lunch!!