Monday, October 31, 2011

Adjusting

This is a normal scene in our house these days. With the start of high school, Riley also started early morning seminary! We have had a very large adjustment to our new schedule this year and despite being 2 months into the school year, we are still adjusting!
This is a typical morning schedule for us:
5:10 Riley and Mom wake up
5:30 Breakfast with Riley
5:45 Drive to Seminary
6:00 - 6:50 Seminary for Riley, Mom walks
6:50 Drive to High School
7:10 Breakfast for Jamie (she has been up since 6:30 getting ready for school)
7:25 Jamie leaves for the bus
7:30 Mom jumps in the shower
8:00 - 8:15 Wake up Sidney (yes it does usually take 15 minutes or more!)
8:40 Breakfast for Sidney
9:00 Walk Sidney and neighborhood girls to school
9:20 Start the rest of my day

After a 4 hour morning of getting everyone up and ready for school, I am exhausted and ready to go back to bed! If I am able to get one load of laundry changed or the kitchen semi cleaned during the morning process I am thrilled! We have 2 years of this schedule with the kids attending 3 different schools, I have decided tired is going to become my new state of being!

No comments: