The first week after the accident I was very sore, achy and stiff. It is amazing how many parts of your body can hurt....I have felt them all. Most of the whiplash pain settled in my upper arms....weird, but painful. Luckily it has slowly subsided, but one week from the accident I was still left with a very swollen, bruised foot and a constant headache. So, I went to see my doctor to follow-up with her.
They x-rayed my foot again and after confirmation from a radiologist, they discovered that I did break my foot...it is a small 'chip-off' break. So, I am once again limited to using my right foot and am back to wearing the 'stormtrooper' boot cast that I wore several years ago when I sprained my ankle. It is not a pleasant thing to deal with, but worth it because I can now walk without intense pain. My foot is still swollen and sore, especially by night-time. But, within 2 weeks or so I will be able to start walking on it and gradually use it again.
The doctor also confirmed that I indeed had a concussion and had a CT scan done just to ensure no lingering problems. It came back completely normal, what a relief! I am still plagued with a headache...pretty much all the time, but am hopeful that it will begin to subside. I am looking forward to some good massage therapy....my neck and shoulders are still very tight from the trauma of the accident and hopefully it will help with the headaches too! I will be very grateful when my body does not need extra sleep and I can resume some normal activities.
Thanks so much to all my friends and family for your continual support, thoughts and prayers. I am so grateful for you all. I am still in awe at the miraculous outcome of the accident. I am very blessed and extremely humbled at the love of my Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment