I had a wonderful weekend visiting my girlfriend in Kansas City this weekend. Debra and I have been best friends since 7th grade. Because my family moved after that year, we have maintained our friendship across many different states and many different parts of our lives. We have not missed one year of seeing each other and love every chance we get to be together.
I arrived at Debra's house on Friday night and we spent Saturday cheering on Conor (10) and Brigham (7) at their basketball games and strolling through a beautiful new outdoor mall. Casey, Debra's husband then treated us to a wonderful dinner at Texas Roadhouse and a movie.
(Vantage Point)
The boys spent the night at their Grandma's house, and with a very quiet house I slept in until 10:30! I woke up just in time to get ready for Debra's family to arrive to celebrate her birthday. It was so fun to see all of them and we had a great time visiting, eating, watching Deb open her presents and playing outside with the kids. We finished off the evening with a trip to Blockbuster, rented a few games for the boys and picked out a great movie for Deb and I to enjoy.
(Martian Child)
I loved being with Deb so much and I cherish every chance we get to be together. Next time, we have vowed to get the kids together too....they love their 'cousins' in KC. I also enjoyed getting to know the new member of their family, Shadow, their new puppy. Here are a couple pictures of the boys with Shadow!

No comments:
Post a Comment