Monday, January 12, 2009

Skiing at Cascade Mountain

On our way home from Michigan, we stopped in Wisconsin and skied at Cascade Mountain. It was a very fun resort and we enjoyed it very much. The only draw back was the other 7,000 people that joined us on the slopes! Papa Jim and Grandma joined us for the quick trip and we loved having them along for this last little part of our vacation.(If you look closely we are all at the top of this hill,
click on the image to enlarge!)(We are starting to make our way down!)
The kids and Brent were up the high speed quad in no time! Even Sidney quickly 'caught on' once again this year. Jamie was enjoying using poles for the first time and Riley spent part of the day off on his own, while everyone else came in to rest!

Papa and I decided to brave the slopes once again. Papa had not skied for 35 years and I had only skied once in the past 12 years. So, we signed up for a private lesson and managed to make it through the day safely. We were able to make some improvements through out the day and even made it to the top a couple times. I am not sure Papa ever really had control of his speed, he definitely had me scared for his life several times! But, he says he wants to go again :).

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You skiing trip looks awesome! So beautiful. I love pics from skiing. It has been so long since I've been skiing and who knows when I'll go again, but I grew up with season passes and I went all the time. After I have this baby I want to take my girls ice skating. Haven't done that yet.

The Lewis Family said...

Oh my goodness Stace, I can't believe they got you on skis again!! Glad you made it out safely!