Meet George:
He is the big plant in the middle of this planter, the one with the big leaves.

He was a present from my sister for my birthday back in May. I think she gave him to me as a little bit of a joke, because she and Brent are convinced that I cannot keep a house plant alive. Well, I am here to prove them wrong! George is thriving and loving his home on my kitchen window sill!!

The tall plant on the far end of the planter and the purple vine plant on the front end of this planter were from Sidney's first grade class. She started them as cuts from a plant in plastic cup with water in it. Once they formed roots she planted them in a second plastic cup with some healthy soil, watched them grow under the grow lamp and brought them home before the end of the school year. They are so large/long now and add a great bit of color to George's home.
As a side note, James brought home the same plants from his first grade class. But instead of carrying them carefully, he escorted them home in his backpack and they did not survive the trip!! The cute purple tulip in these pictures was from James, a wood cutout meant to add a special touch to a planter. It was my present from him on Mother's day and I think of him every time I see it!
These beautiful ivy plants were purchased with a gift card from some dear friends...also on my birthday. They are also thriving and I love them!
2 comments:
I love it!!! Congrats!! Love, Mona
I love it!!! Congrats!! Love, Mona
Post a Comment