October started with the miraculous births of 3 brand new babies in our ward. They were all born within one week. It was a great time of reflection for me because I was quickly approaching the 8th birthday of my 'baby'! I spent many nights laying in bed wondering how 8 years had passed so quickly! But mostly, I paused many times through that week to thank my Father in Heaven for the miracle of modern medicine and the wonderful privilege of being a mother to 3 of His children.
I had the very special assignment of being the 'daddy backup' for Donny, if LeAnne was taken in for her c-section when he was working. Well as fate would have it, LeAnne started to have some complications when Donny was stranded in Mephis. I made an 11:00 trip to the hospital late that night and found LeAnne resting with monitors hooked up to keep on eye on her and the baby. The nurse assured us that all was well and that LeAnne needed to rest. She also said that I should stay, 'just in case'. After a restless hour, LeAnne and I both feel asleep about 1:00 and slept until the Doctor came in about 3:30. We found out that things were progressing very quickly and within one hour, we were both in the operating room awaiting the arrival of her tiny babe.
Zachary Paul Martin was born at 4:49 am on October 6th. He was a tiny 2 lbs 15 oz and the most precious thing I had ever seen. I had the amazing opportunity to be there to hold him as his mother saw and kissed him for the first time. Little Zachary is a fighter and a miracle. He is doing very well and his parents hope he will be home by the holidays. You can see more pictures of little Zac here.
Thanks Donny and LeAnne for letting me share in this momentous event in your lives. I know Zachary will be an amazing blessing in your lives and I can't wait to help spoil him!
I had the very special assignment of being the 'daddy backup' for Donny, if LeAnne was taken in for her c-section when he was working. Well as fate would have it, LeAnne started to have some complications when Donny was stranded in Mephis. I made an 11:00 trip to the hospital late that night and found LeAnne resting with monitors hooked up to keep on eye on her and the baby. The nurse assured us that all was well and that LeAnne needed to rest. She also said that I should stay, 'just in case'. After a restless hour, LeAnne and I both feel asleep about 1:00 and slept until the Doctor came in about 3:30. We found out that things were progressing very quickly and within one hour, we were both in the operating room awaiting the arrival of her tiny babe.
Zachary Paul Martin was born at 4:49 am on October 6th. He was a tiny 2 lbs 15 oz and the most precious thing I had ever seen. I had the amazing opportunity to be there to hold him as his mother saw and kissed him for the first time. Little Zachary is a fighter and a miracle. He is doing very well and his parents hope he will be home by the holidays. You can see more pictures of little Zac here.
Thanks Donny and LeAnne for letting me share in this momentous event in your lives. I know Zachary will be an amazing blessing in your lives and I can't wait to help spoil him!
1 comment:
We'll have to pencil in one of those slumber parties again soon... As in three years soon.
Post a Comment