It started with a trip to Gertens to pick out my favorite hanging plants and potted plants for my porch. I hope the family continues this tradition for years to come! I love it!
(Yes the plants were inside in these pictures, to cold this week to leave them out at night.)
Next I was treated to breakfast in bed and some wonderful home-made gifts from my children.
Sidney presented me with a hand made ceramic hanger, some coupons, hand made cards and an envelope full of hug coupons (these are even recyclable, they go right back in the envelope when I use them!).
Jamie presented me with some cards as well and this beautiful, heartfelt poem, which still makes my cry!
I learned to talk, you missed my quiet days.
I started to walk, you got me out of things.
I started wearing underwear, you potty trained me.
I went to preschool, you got me to go.
I started to ski, you watched me.
I went to a new school, you found me some friends.
I use electronics, you pay the bills.
I go to swim meets, you take me.
I make my clothes dirty, you wash them for me.
I eat dinner, you do the dishes.
I don't like school lunch, you pack me a cold lunch.
I need new clothes, you buy me clothes.
I need help, you are always there.
Riley even joined in the creativity and made me this great pop-up card.
Thank you for being there my 12 years of life. If theres anything you need just ask, and if I'm doing something, don't ask. Yes you have been there. You are the best Mom ever. Love your good side and bad side.
(Not quite as poetic as Jamie's, but heartfelt still the same. Written like a 13 year old boy and I love him for it! I especially love that he loves my bad side!)
The best treat of the day was driving to and from Church with my Husband and Best Friend. He canceled all meetings before church and it was fun to be with him for part of our Sabbath worship.
We fininshed of the day with this terrific dinner, prepared by my dear sweet family!
Yes, truly spoiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment