Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Favorite Place on Earth

Last weekend I had the wonderful chance to visit my Grandpa and Grandma in Idaho. It was so wonderful to spend a few days visiting with them. I love them both very much. It was especially incredible to nap with Grandpa and talk with him about his memories, my memories and share with one another the most important things to us both. Grandpa was so proud to show us his book: a binder with documentation of his 138 family members and pictures of all of them. He has a wonderful legacy and I am so proud to call him mine! Most of all I am grateful for his example of testimony as he asked for a priesthood blessing, prepared himself to take the sacrement from the priests that came over to administer it and made sure his tithing was ready for them. I reminisced quite a bit while wandering around the farm and could remember many moments of my childhood, memories that are sacred to me.

No comments: