Most of the time I am very grateful for the closeness of my children's ages. It is very fun to have them in the same school and interested in similar things. Sometimes, however, there is lots of competitive arguing and fighting. We have had many discussions lately about how silly these argument can be and about how they are usually over the 'stupidest' (I use this word only when I really want to emphasize my point with the kids!) things. Yesterday morning proved to be a very trying day and with the kids home all day, by lunchtime, Mom was 'at the end of her rope'....
As I was preparing lunch, I told the kids to grab themselves a drink of water or milk from the fridge. Riley was excited to see that there was still a little chocolate milk left in the jug. So he poured himself some and then Jamie grabbed the mug from him and poured the rest for herself. This quickly started an argument about whose glass held the most chocolate milk. The cups were dark plastic and even placed next to each other, they simply could not resolve this dilemma. So, being the dutiful mother that I am, I had to jump in and help them out. I told them to bring me the cups and I would tell them who had the most. I promptly dumped the contents of both cups down the drain and declared that they both had the exact same amount of chocolate milk! Problem solved!
3 comments:
I love your mothering style! THANKS for the chuckle.
Hey Stacey,
What a waste of chocolate milk goodness. Riley and Jamie whenever you come up to Michigan I will always make sure that we have enough chocalate milk to go around because I am your favorite uncle.
What a mean Mommy. Grandma would never do that to you. I would send Grandpa to the store for more Chocalate Milk.
Post a Comment