- To my Grandma Hansen, who I miss every day, I reflect daily on the things you taught me and remember all the joyous summers we spent at your house.
- To my Grandma Shaw, your gratitude for your family is such an example to me. I am so grateful that you spend special moments with our family and I look forward to your visit next month.
- To my Grandma Betty, I can't imagine not having you in our family and love the way you tenderly care for Grandpa.
- To my Grandma Wakefield, you are a tremendous example to me of faith and unconditional love, I will strive to follow in your footsteps throughout my life.
- To my Mother-in-Law, I am so blessed to be welcomed into your family and feel the genuine love you have for me. You are such an example to me of patience, perseverance and hard work. I love you so much and love the choice son you raised.
- To my Mother, I cannot express the gratitude I have for you, your friendship and your love. You are always there for me and my family. I am still learning the bonds of motherhood through the rearing of my own children and you magnify that calling beyond compare. I love you will all my heart!
I have been quite reflective about this Mother's Day because of my new role as caregiver to Hanah and James. As a Mother of 5, I am mothering all day and sometimes all night. It is the most rewarding thing I can imagine, although sometimes also the most exhausting. I love each of the kids more than I can express and count them each as my greatest blessings on this earth. I pray that I can be a light in their lives as they learn, grow and blossom.
Because Mother's Day, my birthday and our anniversary fall within a few weeks of each other, Brent is faced each year with what I call the 'Triple Threat'! This year, he and the kids spoiled me and just in time for all our upcoming visitors. These were my Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary presents!
4 comments:
This is beautiful! I love it. Boy.... Brent and the kids did good!!
The furniture is beautiful, but I especially loved your tribute to the moms of your life--made me teary :) So glad you documented your feelings--you are a wonderful mother as well!
So nice! I'm still holding on strong with my hand-me-down table and 4 chairs we got for Christmas two months before we were married :). At least I don't worry one bit when my kids want to paint and color and glitter and cut all day every day. julie
The last couple of times I looked at your blog I had been wondering about your 2 extra kids! I'm happy to hear that they are part of your beautiful family!
Post a Comment