Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Holiday greetings to all our loved ones, near and far!
When I sat down to think about writing a Christmas letter this year,
I realized that I have been working on it all year with our family blog.

So, welcome to those of you who have just 'found' us and
hello again to our followers.
Feel free to visit our blog often and we would love to hear from you.

2008 was a wonderful year for us!
We traveled some and enjoyed having many visitors.
The kids have grown in many ways and we are busy with their many activities.

Enjoy the following synopsis of our year:
(click on any highlighted item to see more detail!)

January:
  • We enjoyed spending our traditional New Year's Eve with our good friends the Chipmans and the Herrons.
  • We survived our 7th Minnesota January with freezing temps and lots of snow.
February:
  • Riley received his Arrow of Light Award in Cub Scouts.
  • Brent was award the VP Award at the Asset Protection Quarterly Meeting.
  • Stacey celebrated the 7th year of Book Club with many of her close friends.
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
  • Riley was chosen as a 6th grade Math Student of the Month.
  • Jamie, Aunt Mony, Sidney and I got to see Wicked again!
  • Uncle PJ, James and Hanah came to visit and Hanah got to stay with us for a couple weeks.
  • Jamie broke her foot.
  • We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Shaw Family at our home!
December:
  • We have enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit this year by attending wonderful Christmas parties, going to the Holidazzle parade, and seeing A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie Theater with good friends.
  • The kids are loving the snow and Brent and Jamie can't wait to hit the slopes this year.
  • Riley participated in his first Middle School Band Concert.
  • Sidney wrote all the numbers up to 2000.
  • Brent recieved a new position at Target.
  • We are looking forward to spending the week after Christmas in Michigan!
We hope this holiday Season finds all of you happy and healthy.

We look forward to celebrating the birth of our Savior
and are so grateful for all he has done for us.

We wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got your Christmas Card. Such beautiful children. Hope you guys have great Christmas. I am glad we found your blog.
Jill Wakefield

Carlie said...

Stacey,
I saw that you had a blog on the Christmas card at my mom's house. I was so excited to find it. I cant believe how big your kids are getting. I remember was Riley was still little and spouting off algebra equations! Crazy how fast time flies. Anyways, just thought I'd say a quick hello and wish you all a happy new year.
Love, Carlie

Mercedes said...

Stacey,
I think this all the time and never actually tell you, but you have the most beautiful children! I see them at church and they are just stunning, all of them! And Riley is such a funny kid--he loves my girls, which warms the cockles of any mother's heart!